When we talk about home security systems, CCTV is one of the key components that ensures the safety of your home or protection to your investments. If you’re looking into installing a home security system in your home, there are a few things to consider.
How many security cameras does your home need?
You first need to ask what you are using for….
If it’s to protect your home from thieves or burglars, for instance, you will need your outdoor cameras placed on obvious places. If it’s to watch your kids or pets, you might need more indoor cameras to cover all the blindspots.
In general, 3 to 4 cameras should be enough to cover a small home and would be a great start. You might need;
- 1 doorbell camera to make it easier to keep an eye on visitors, packages or posts you might be receiving.
- 2 outdoor cameras one for the front property the other for the back.
- An indoor camera to watch over your kids, pets or valuables
You can add more depending on the size of the property and here are more things to consider:
- The size of your home or property – The bigger the area the more CCTV you might need to cover any blind spots.
- Do you have outbuildings? – Some homes have sheds or workshop appended in their properties.
- The type of camera you are installing – Some higher definition cameras offer wider angles which can cover larger parts of your home or property.
- You also need to consider your networks bandwidth as this can become a limitation to your home security
Looking for professionals to set up your residential security? DJ Byers offers exceptional technical expertise & knowledge in Security System Design and Installation, backed up with unrivaled support and maintenance, we promise to deliver the best possible engineered security solutions to each of our customers. Get in touch today by visiting djbyers.co.uk for your CCTV Systems Installations.